Attention Team Members: Please order warm ups and bags “through this link”
Advanced Competitive Gymnastics Members are able to “consider this”
https://www.facebook.com/61drivein / Mr D and I will be at the drive-in theater Saturday, July 17 THIS IS WAS SO MUCH FUN…. LOVED WATCHING THE KIDDOS BEFORE THE MOVIE 😉 THANK YOU TO ALL WHO JOINED. THOSE WHO WERE UNABLE, WE HAVE PRE-SET A DATE FOR 2022 BELOW IN BLUE.
For Space Jam and Peter Rabbit 2 Anyone who is free – join us for funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. If you are not able to attend —- check out the following notices for team building fun 🙂
JULY 23: Mr. D, Fishing trip to Heritage Pond. Arrival at Heritage Pone between 5-6. Older students can attend alone, younger students should have a parent with. Plan on fishing until 8 pm. Everyone should bring their own picnic and bait. If you need a fishing pole rsvp to Miss Dee by July 15th and we will try to find you supplies. The DNR is planning on making an appearance to talk to the kiddos about fishing. Remember if you are going to cast a pole or reel one in for any reason, you will need a fishing license. For those who are not fisher-persons, Miss Dee will be holding a nail event at studio between 5 and 6:30 pm. as always, any non-team members are welcome – rsvp as needed, thank you
- Fair questions: Fair dates are on the studio calendar / RSVP please so that I can schedule routines and try to keep things as balanced as possible. Attire and instructions are included – click on the event to see details
- 12 and over “performers” will need tickets to get in. I will have those Monday, July 26.
- Jazz shoes work the best for the fair. If anyone has extra’s, could you please donate to a box for events.
- Details from calendar: We are performing at the festival garden (formally beer garden) all week. / Arrival is 3:30 pm / 4:00 pm performance/hair in bun, neck or company crop top, shorts, make up – smile 😉 Normal fair admission applies, visit https://www.dbqfair.com/fair/admission/
- Parent meeting at 7 on last week of summer lessons for all teams. Plan on August 5th at 7 pm / timer will be set to finish at 7:45 with a chat session as needed.
- August 13th / Spruce Creek Park / https://www.mycountyparks.com/county/jackson/Park/Spruce-Creek-Park.aspx / Arrival 3-5 pm (just an idea – customize as needed) / picnic from 5-6 pm (or as needed, again, you can customize, this is just a casual schedule) / everyone brings their own / if anyone needs firewood, rsvp and we have assistance for this (thank you Hasenbank Family) / anyone who would like to stayover and camp – they have a campground for campers and/or tents, I have included the link above. To locate us the day of, text 563-513-9306 as needed.
- Thursday Aug 19…team parent meeting, pot luck/meet and greet 6 pm. (we will always do this last Thursday before school starts each year) Break into teams and meet at 7 pm, finish around 8 pm. Please rsvp with a dish you can pass / bring your own beverage and place settings – everyone is invited. Non-team members are welcome to sit in on any team meetings that you are interested in, visit with the owners, let the kiddos play or leave when you are ready.
NEXT YEAR/2022 – 61 DRIVE IN THEATER TRIP WILL BE SATURDAY, JULY 16TH / SUBJECT TO ADJUSTMENT ONCE WE KNOW WHICH MOVIES WILL BE SHOWING DURING THAT DATE (SO THAT WE MAKE SURE WE HAVE A KID-FRIENDLY SELECTION). Someone please help me watch for this 😉
Next year/2022 – Fishing event is tentatively scheduled for July 22nd /
- The DNR is planning on making an appearance to talk to the kiddos about fishing. Remember if you are going to cast a pole or reel one in for any reason, you will need a fishing license.
- For those who are not fisher-persons, Miss Dee will be holding a nail event at studio between 5 and 6:30 pm.as always, any non-team members are welcome – rsvp as needed, thank you
DDSGC is fortunate to have Five Thriving Teams. To do this, it takes excellent students and parents for support and teamwork. When you join one or more of our teams, your child is not just receiving excellent training, but your child and you are with athletes and parents with a positive, supportive attitude and outlook for the children, fellow parents and our studio. We are truly blessed to have these members.