Dubuque Dance Company Policies
- Sept – May – class is on Saturday (in addition to their weekday class). Usually 90 min in length and whenever possibly we incorporate tumbling into this workout.
- During the summer: twice a week / usually 90 min / we incorporate dance and gym unless we are prepping for a show. Some also use summer camps if times do not fit in the schedule.
- For fees, see our “Prices” page.
For Students ages 7 and up:
- During the school year this is a 90 min class on Saturday with make ups available during the week. Make up does not cover the exact material, but does cover an appropriate workout.
- During the summer this team runs twice a week during the week (Monday – Thursday) with weekends are off. The only company commitments on summer weekends are performances (these are not mandatory, but family friendly, attend what you are able). These would be listed on our calendar. Please view our calendar quite often.
- All teams have the week of the 4th of July off
- For fees see our “prices” page.
- Students must be registered in a weekday class of tap/lyrical/hip hop.
- Anyone can join.
- Students join at the beginning level and pass skills to progress in levels and set goals.
- Students take all year around. If you need to give notice to discontinue, a full 30 days is required (by April 1st for summer, by July 1st for the school term). Please understand, staff must be trained, certified, and have their personal affects in order for the term. To do this notice must be given by these dates or you are responsible for fees as outlined on your registration form and in our online agreement.
Attire for class and performances:
- Attire for pre/k– black leotard, tan, white or pink tights white tap & ballet shoes, tan jazz shoes, hair in bun.
- For 2 hour company members– black leotard / pink tights and shoes from weekday, include jazz shoes
- Equipment that is needed must be purchased through the studio please so everyone matches:
Team Warm Up Is Required and is Required at all events
- Please keep in mind this is a 4 – 6 week order, during busy months possible 10 week order. See our “prices” page for price and sizing chart.
- For stadium and outdoor performances students use a neck leotard. See our “prices” page for fee.
- For stage presentations students wear a strap leotard (and may also use the neck, depending on the routine and performance). See our “prices” page for fee.
- Other equipment worn with the leotards: shorts, studio tutu’s (for girls who are not yet on pointe, no fee for these) professional tutu’s (for all girls who are on pointe – see our “prices” page)
- If you have a balance on your account that is overdue with us for tuition or anything else, your event fees will not be paid. You must be in good standing with our club and have your account balance at zero to perform at events.
- This is a year around event, students are allowed to take a break if needed, If you take a break a 30 day notice is required (April 1st if not attending summer, July 1st if not attending the school term). Students are mandated back to the beginning level and must be tested and pass the skills needed to progress in levels.
- If a students misses a class, we understand – but your must send written notification via email.
- If it is due to sickness – send when able – IF IT IS DUE TO AN EVENT, PLEASE GIVE NOTICE 10 DAYS BEFORE ABSENCE.
- If a students is going to miss a performance please rsvp at least 10 DAYS before, unless it is due to a sickness or severe illness in
Company Members usually perform twice at recitals in Nov and May, but not at March Recital During the months of January – April the company performs at stadium shows. Stadium shows and additional shows for the company are always posted on our studio calendar. This calendar should be checked monthly at least. Please know that all company members are welcome to classes below their level free of charge. So, if they miss, or want to work on skills – all classes below their level are automatically open to them.
At events, no one is allowed to sit and talk negatively or make negative comments about others groups, directors or the event. Please understand when you do this, ultimately you are saying it about the child that is performing. Parents and students are not allowed to show negative emotion or lack of control at events as it embarrasses the children,… anything that needs addressing will be addressed at the studio and the studio only. Please be aware that breaking this policy would eliminate your student from performing.